The PTA and Purpose
PTA Membership is open to anyone who believes in the mission and purposes of Parent Teacher Association. The membership includes membership with the National PTA and the State PTA.
Together we can be a powerful voice for our children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA's goal of a quality education and nurturing environment for every child.
PTA Purposes: Historical goals of PTA
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
CIS PTA Mission
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
CIS PTA Vision
What the future will look like if CIS PTA accomplishes its mission.
Making every child's potential a reality.
What PTA stands for
Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
Board Members -
- Megan Walsh, President, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carolyn Hilton Miney , Vice-President (email@example.com)
- Anna Prewitt, Secretary, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Abbie Jackson , Treasure, (email@example.com)
www.pta.org - National PTA website
www.nmpta.org - New Mexico PTA website
www.pta.org/member_benefit_providers.asp - National PTA Member Benefits